Contract terms: Full-time, CDI
Reports to: Synchronization Manager
Application: Please send your CV and cover letter to
[email protected]“Synchronization assistant” object
Application deadline: 9:00 a.m., Tuesday, February 22, 2022.
The objectives of Sync Teams are:
- Grow and maintain Sync’s growth and revenue in key international territories
- Develop and deliver synchronized revenue streams from traditional and new media sources
- Driving positive change within the sync and music industry
- Maximize the value and opportunities of the Sentric List under Sync Licensing
Summary of work
The Sync Services team is at the forefront of providing a premium sync service to our artists and catalogs. The Sync Assistant plays a vital role by being an essential team player to ensure that the Sync team has all the assets and tools needed to complete creative work and licensing.
The team’s goal is to develop and maintain synchronized growth and maximize value and opportunity for the Sentric list. By supporting Sync Managers, collaborating with the entire company, and being the point of contact for all sync requests for our artists and catalogs, Sync Assistant is able to maximize the value and opportunities for the Sentric List under Sync Licensing.
Business and Recruitment Background
Founded in 2006, Sentric Music Group is an award-winning independent global publisher headquartered in Liverpool, UK, with over 80 staff across offices in Europe and North America.
The company provides rights management services to more than 300,000 songwriters and represents more than 3 million works worldwide directly or through partners, including music publishers, independent labels, management companies and distributors who benefit from Sentric’s publishing administration, co-publishing and creative services. Sentric proudly represents songwriters ranging from those writing their very first songs to RIAA-certified platinum-certified, BMI/Ivor Novello award-winning, and genre-defining artists.
The company is in an exciting phase of significant growth in new markets; our technology is transforming traditional royalty collection models and our customer base continues to grow.
We are committed to having a workforce representative of the community it serves at all levels of the organization. We therefore welcome applications from all walks of life and from all walks of life regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation.
- Download incoming catalog, metadata and assets related to internal systems and playlists.
- Liaise with clients to obtain all audio EPKs, copies and images for new signings and works.
- Regularly update the marketing team with sync related assets and sync performance highlights for social media, digital platforms and Sentric Music Group website as requested
- Liaise regularly with the marketing team to produce promotional material from key artists/writers selected by the team, with a view to providing pitch scripts to clients
- Liaise daily with in-store customers and vendors on day-to-day matters, providing high quality catalog service.
- Gather and package all jukebox and in-store/in-flight playlists and music deliveries: o including the highest level of metadata detail, quality and accuracy possible o submitting all deliveries with good headroom the deadline
- Conduct market research and maintain dialogues with broadcast customers to understand their catalog requirements. Provide regular playlists featuring Sentric’s catalog based on research results and customer needs.
- Act as a point of contact for [email protected] inbox as well as general and sync inquiries from Sentric Music artists, responding to queries via email, phone and customer service portals.
- Gather sync pitch reports from the Sync Services team to feed information into client reports.
- Record brief information to produce monthly market trend reports for A&R timing analysis and strategy.
- Liaise with Rights Management team to ensure in-store and jukebox playlist copyrights are properly registered with companies and sub-publishers.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Synchronization Services team during peak periods
- Occasionally assisting Department Managers with any ad hoc administrative/maintenance tasks such as booking travel, arranging client meetings, etc.
- Under the direction of department heads, work on special projects with the extended Sentric Music Group team to implement process changes and broader innovations.
- Prioritization and organizational skills and ability to work across multiple projects and deadlines
- Verbal and written communication at a high level
- Public speaking and presentations to various audiences
- Established understanding of the music industry
- Demonstrable understanding of the music ecosystem and its functions
- Experience with marketing and graphic design software is desirable, but not essential
- Understanding of how media and music are integrated through synchronization
- Enthusiasm to work with music and benefit artists through license synchronization
- Collaborative and team player to achieve team goals
- Flexible approach to working across multiple global time zones
- A graduate degree is preferred
- Experience in the music industry
Must have the right to work in the UK otherwise the application will not be considered.